Numbers that matter

I heard on the news today that the “acting President” feels, and has consistently felt, that the American people don’t care. According to him they don’t care about the various scandals, diatribes, tasteless comments, unethical acts, and downright lies the “acting President” has pummeled America and the world with for the past two years.

Maybe they don’t.  But maybe they should.

Here are a few numbers I researched that make me care. Perhaps they will provoke the same reaction in you, too.

In 2016…

325.7 million men, women and children made up the total population of the USA.

137.5 million votes were cast in the 2016 Presidential elections or 43% of the total population.

63 million of those votes went to the “acting President” or 20% of the total population.

Today, in 2018…

30% of the “acting President” voters still support him or 7% of the total population.

This means…

7% of the total population of the USA are making life miserable for the other 93% of us.

Now do you care?

 

 

About nhbrownlee

Advertising copywriter, Creative Director and state of New York college professor. I love true stories. Who doesn't?
This entry was posted in True Stories. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s